Friday, 30 June 2006

Entry for July 01, 2006

Image

 


I did this  just for fun, (my over curious mind doesn't let me rest...) but it came out quite correct! Why I am saying this because, as I read somewhere that we have right brain & left brain. Right handed people use left brain more and lefty people use right brain more!  But there are some realities & few myths about this. about which you can find out http://painting.about.com/library/blpaint/blrightbrain.htm


 







You Are 30% Left Brained, 70% Right Brained
The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning. Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others. If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic. Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet. The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility. Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way. If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art. Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.


 

 

Right Brain vs. Left Brain

Definition

This theory of the structure and functions of the mind suggests that the two different sides of the brain control two different "modes" of thinking. It also suggests that each of us prefers one mode over the other.


Discussion

Experimentation has shown that the two different sides, or hemispheres, of the brain are responsible for different manners of thinking. The following table illustrates the differences between left-brain and right-brain thinking:












Left Brain

Right Brain
Logical

Sequential

Rational

Analytical

Objective

Looks at parts
Random

Intuitive

Holistic

Synthesizing

Subjective

Looks at wholes

Most individuals have a distinct preference for one of these styles of thinking. Some, however, are more whole-brained and equally adept at both modes. In general, schools tend to favor left-brain modes of thinking, while downplaying the right-brain ones. Left-brain scholastic subjects focus on logical thinking, analysis, and accuracy. Right-brained subjects, on the other hand, focus on aesthetics, feeling, and creativity.

How Right-Brain vs. Left-Brain Thinking Impacts Learning

Curriculum--In order to be more "whole-brained" in their orientation, schools need to give equal weight to the arts, creativity, and the skills of imagination and synthesis.

Instruction--To foster a more whole-brained scholastic experience, teachers should use instruction techniques that connect with both sides of the brain. They can increase their classroom's right-brain learning activities by incorporating more patterning, metaphors, analogies, role playing, visuals, and movement into their reading, calculation, and analytical activities.

Assessment--For a more accurate whole-brained evaluation of student learning, educators must develop new forms of assessment that honor right-brained talents and skills. ( Source : http://www.funderstanding.com/right_left_brain.cfm)


I think this blog came out too serious....No, I do not want to be so serious about these brainy things now, already I am tired of studying that boring managerial economics .... I NEED A BREAK! But buddies, don't forget I go for "BRAINS " LOL ( Read my previous blog)


So this is climax ----



A brain goes to a local bar


A brain walks into a bar and says, "I'll have a pint of beer please."



The barman looks at him and says "Sorry, I can't serve you."



"Why not?" askes the brain.



"You're already out of your head."

 

BTW, Do you know about this award?


Stupid people awards


It is once again time to vote for-the Darwin Award nominees for 1997. As you may already know, the Darwin Awards are for those nominees who will not be contributing to the gene pool (thankfully).



NOMINEE No.3 [Hickory Daily Record] Ken Charles Barger, 47, accidentally shot himself to death in December in Newton, N.C., when, awakening to the sound of a ringing telephone beside his bed, he reached for the phone but grabbed instead a Smith & Wesson. 38 Special, which discharged when he drew it to his ear.




 

















No comments:

Post a Comment