
Today I am feeling better. But still I am sad and worried and scared... Actually one of my classmate from college days is died. He has left a wife and twin daughters behind. It was very very shocking for me as he was younger than me. But he had mouth cancer! Last year when I was in Mumbai, he & his wife had come there in hospital for surgery and he had called me, talked with me a lot. He had no bad habits at all like drinking, smoking etc... One day he had a small mouth ulcer. ( I had this many times...it's not very dangerous thing) He thought it will be fine after some days...but it was not healing and he had trouble while having food, so he went to doctor and they did biopsy and sent him to Mumbai for further treatment in Tata Memorial Hospital ( famous for cancer treatments.) There they did surgery and it followed by chemo therapy.
When last time he had visited Mumbai for chemo therapy, he again called me and I was in Pune at that time but we talked on phone for an hour or so...about our college days, and the crazy things we did during those days etc... How he and other friends had visited to my house and had lunch together and we were playing Carrom ( carrom needs minimum 2 players and can play maximum 4 players so we were 4 playing carrom... ) so this friend and another friend were sitting on sofa next to my Dad & started playing chess...Actually they were learning chess at that time. So in one move, they brought both the kings near...just side by side...and my Dad saw that and told them...hey what are you doing? Take both the kings back... They can't sit together and chitchat like this...! We all had laughed so much. There are many memories of my college days.... Last time Dad and I talked about this incident just two days before and laughed about that chess incident. I told Dad he is fine now and I will talk to him on his birthday... and suddenly another friend (who was playing chess with him that day) called me and told me Manoj is no more... !!! I couldn't believe...I was planning to surprise him by calling him on 11th August in the night at 12. Because on 12th August he would have his birthday...
I was thinking about his wife. She was not working and I think they must have used all their savings for his treatment. Now what about his twin daughters? They must be one or two years younger than my son. How will she manage? I was crying after hearing this all and one of my chessfriend, who has brain tumor and had surgery last year, suddenly told me, he had got bad scan report and had some blood cells 84% in the brain and he was so scared... etc etc... This boy is hardly 29 years old, divorcee and has a son, who is one year older than my son. This boy is not so educated and did not understand many things about his health problems. So I think doctors also don't clear many things about his health to him. What he was telling me was very simple thing that his cancer cells are multiplying again... Scan report showed them 84% growth. That is dangerous! He was telling me that he may go for radio therapy again... But I know there is no other treatment besides this... but this is very scaring that how much successful it will be? I mean I am very very scared and worried about this... I am feeling very negative and I can't even tell him that ! I don't even want to tell him because I know his nature and that's why I want him to enjoy the life without even thinking about future. But sometimes I feel, he should do all his paper work ( like "will" etc. as his son is hardly 12 years old and he has own house, some bank balance and car & other things, which may be taken by his relatives and then what will happen to his son? This little boy never got his mother's love as she had left him at very very young age like one or two years old and my chessfriend himself is his mother and father both!) Why, why do such tragedies happen? That too at so young age?
I am still feeling sad & worried about my college friends family and I am very very scared and sad and worried about my chess friend who is quite ignorant about his status of health. I feel very helpless...what can I do? I can only pray....which I am doing. You know what? This is the main reason, I was hiding myself.... I was not showing my pictures to you all... because I am very sentimental person & get attached with everybody very easily and get disturbed by their lives too... I can't keep myself aloof from these things. I cry and get shocked. I forget that I too have a family and I have no answers when my son asks me why am I so sad and not singing and laughing and being naughty like other days? Anyways, please pray for my friends family and a friend to get cured. I am still hoping that miracles DO happen???!!!
BYE BUDDIES, and take care. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment