Tuesday, 14 August 2007

Entry for August 15, 2007

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
TO ALL MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF INDIA !!!
(Our National Anthem written by Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore)

TRANSLATION OF OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM
" JANA GANA MANA..."
O! Dispenser of India's destiny, thou art the ruler of the minds of all people.
Thy name rouses the hearts of Punjab, Sindh, Gujarat, the Maratha country,
in the Dravida country, Utkala (Orissa) and Bengal;
It echoes in the hills of the Vindhyas and Himalayas,
it mingles in the rhapsodies of the pure waters of Jamuna and the Ganges.
They chant only thy name.
They sing only the glory of thy victory.
They seek only thy auspicious blessings.
The salvation of all people waits in thy hands,
O dispenser of India's destiny!
Victory, Victory, Victory, Victory to thee.

Translation of our Vande Mataram, the National Song of India by Shree Aurobindo

Mother, I bow to thee!
Rich with thy hurrying streams,
bright with orchard gleams,
Cool with thy winds of delight,
Dark fields waving Mother of might,
Mother free.
Glory of moonlight dreams,
Over thy branches and lordly streams,
Clad in thy blossoming trees,
Mother, giver of ease
Laughing low and sweet!
Mother I kiss thy feet,
Speaker sweet and low!
Mother, to thee I bow.

Who hath said thou art weak in thy lands
When the sword flesh out in the seventy million hands
And seventy million voices roar
Thy dreadful name from shore to shore?
With many strengths who art mighty and stored,
To thee I call Mother and Lord!
Though who savest, arise and save!
To her I cry who ever her foeman drove
Back from plain and Sea
And shook herself free.

Thou art wisdom, thou art law,
Thou art heart, our soul, our breath
Though art love divine, the awe
In our hearts that conquers death.
Thine the strength that nervs the arm,
Thine the beauty, thine the charm.
Every image made divine
In our temples is but thine.

Thou art Durga, Lady and Queen,
With her hands that strike and her
swords of sheen,
Thou art Lakshmi lotus-throned,
And the Muse a hundred-toned,
Pure and perfect without peer,
Mother lend thine ear,
Rich with thy hurrying streams,
Bright with thy orchard gleems,
Dark of hue O candid-fair
In thy soul, with jewelled hair
And thy glorious smile divine,
Lovilest of all earthly lands,
Showering wealth from well-stored hands!
Mother, mother mine!
Mother sweet, I bow to thee,
Mother great and free!

FEW MORE QUESTIONS :

Though Brian had asked so many little things and few serious things too\u2026which I will reply here in short but I promise I will write in detail about that later too!

He had asked about languages & some meanings of the words\u2026

MY ANSWER: In my country, we have different languages for different states but our NATIONAL LANGUAGE is Hindi

Few other languages are ( Statewise)

Maharashtra (where I live) \u2013 local language is Marathi

Andra Pradesh \u2013 Telgu

Tamilnadu \u2013 Tamil

Kerala \u2013 Malyalam

Orissa \u2013 Oriya

West Bengal \u2013 Bengali

Punjab \u2013 Punjabi

Gujarat - Gujarati

Karnataka \u2013 Kannada

Assam \u2013 Assamese etc etc\u2026.

So we have different language, dress code and different food habits in almost every state!

Brain had asked \u201cWhat is eve-teasing?\u201d

MY ANSWER : It is nothing related to Adam & Eve! :p ( kidding) Eve-teasing is teasing or flirting of boys or taunting of boys with the girls ( or women) by standing roadside areas\u2026! Most of the time college boys do that and sometimes local goons to whom we call roadside Romeos ! Hehehe. These remarks can be romantic, slang or even derogatory too, which can make a girl feel harassed or tortured by those boys. Due to such harassments sometimes girls take drastic steps like suicide too! I remember we had some serious issues happened regarding this in the south India long back. So you can say eve teasing is a BAD thing and even though sometimes boys start it in fun\u2026! I will write more about this too but later\u2026

Finally, NEMO had asked simple but very core questions as a friend\u2026he said, I would like your opinion about the following questions :-

What in India\u2019s past do YOU consider most important?

MY ANSWER : Partition of India was most important but worst thing had happened in the past. But good thing is I am happy that I born in an Independent India! I will write MORE about this later

What in India\u2019s present do YOU consider most important ?

MY ANSWER : There are many things to say as important and I can\u2019t say about single thing but as you have asked, I think it should be \u201cINDIA IS A WORLD\u2019S BIGGEST MULTIRELIGION, MULTICULTURE, MULTI-LANGUAL DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY!\u201d ( I love these colors of India and about which I am very proud of\u2026)

What in India\u2019s future YOU must like to see?

MY ANSWER : So many things like Healthy and Educated generations who will believe in humanity above all and who will keep peace & integrity in my country intact and bring laurels to my country by achieving success on every front like science & technology in EVERY field, sports, culture and entertainment field, will have best infrastructure and communication facilities, education, food and shelter for all, self imposed population control, more employment for all and better relations with rest of the world to keep peace and harmony in the world\u2026!

SO BUDDIES HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!! KEEP SMILING

No comments:

Post a Comment