Saturday, 18 August 2007

Entry for August 19, 2007

( Instruments in above picture : Tabla, Flute and Santoor )
SHARING SUNDAY

Today I want to share these internationally renown “Masters of the Indian Classical Music world” You can see them a sort of competing with each other..... we call “JUGALBANDHI” for this style. I love to hear and watch “Jugalbandhis”…

First Pt. Shivkumar Sharma on Santoor and Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia is playing flute! Here you can see very young, Rahul Sharma, a son of Pt. Shivkumar Sharma sitting behind Pt. Hariprasad. I had posted my favorite video of Rahul Sharma called "MAHAMAYA" ( click on "mahamaya" to see it) whenever I see it, I always feel that somebody is touching the strings of my heart

Another MUST WATCH VIDEO ---- Ustad Zakir Hussain on Tabla and Pt. Shivkumar Sharma on Santoor. They have said “Embedding disabled by request” so I am giving link here DO WATCH IT….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHt2_VWBHaY

For the information about artists Click on their names. Thanks.

HAVE A GREAT SUNDAY YOU ALL…. HUGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment