
"IM"ing
I am sure all you know the term "IM"ing ( Instant messaging) if anybody doesn't know this term, then also I am sure he/she must be knowing Messenger service or Chatting online terms for the same! I was reading newspaper today morning and saw that corporate world (companies) is also in favor of using "IM"ing at work place, as it is all are using it already and found it an easiest & fastest way of communication !
(yep, faster than e-mails... which are currently used as an official way of communication) ! I also have no doubt about it's being the fastest medium but I want to talk about IM abbreviation or use of Slang lingo while communicating through IMâ¦.
As we all know that âIMâing is more popular with youngsters (including us of course!
) and I even had read somewhere (newspaper or online news) that American students are using chatting lingo in their exams or studies/homework too ! Now many students do not even know the correct spellings of many simple words...(why only students? You can see that here at 360 too 
) Just because they are using chatting lingo most of the time. Students are using words like âainâtâ, âb4â, â2â âBRBâ âwataâ âOMGâ âLOLâ âLMAOâ etc etc in their essays too! So should this chatting lingo allowed to use in schools and colleges? In this case, all teachers (mostly older age) as well as parents will have to go for training to learn chatting lingo / Slang lingo because I think that is the easiest way to sort out this issue as children are more in numbers compare to teachers & parents⦠so educating them will be more beneficial?!
So that day is not so far when we will see the IM language (including Slang) will be a part of academic syllabus and there will be âMUST KNOWâ condition for getting any future jobs in the market! 
Today parents are getting crazy about these coded words used by teensâ¦
and thank GOD, Ryan Jones, a Software Engineer and Freelance writer from Michigan started this website called No Slang.com in 2005 !
Yep, I have found this site while surfing one day to find the meanings of some slang words used in blogs here at 360! I have found some favorite codes of teens too which I have posted above as a picture. I have heard of slang dictionary too so I tried to search it and yes, here it is as ONLINE SLANG DICTIONARY ! 

Now think about the future when the ORIGINAL ENGLISH ( OOPS, who said âwhat is that?â
) whether it is British English or American English⦠( Is this right? I used to think like this before joining 360â¦
) will vanish soon and this IM language (including slang too!) will be an official International language of communicationâ¦
Will you like to see this happen in real after say 4-5 years from now? What do you say about all this?
NOTE : I lost this blog two times while postingâ¦! Now if I lose this third time, Iâm going to post You Tube videoâ¦. This blogging at 360 uhhâ¦Enough is enoughâ¦!!
HA!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment