Ah, after so long time I am posting ART SUNDAY. As you know (should I say the whole yahoo 360 got to know now⦠LOL) that I donât have broadband connection so it is really difficult for me to search & write the blog as I used to write. I am feeling little guilty about spending so much money of my hubby dear on this internet connection...
But still this copy paste blog for you as a ONE MORE PEARL from our treasure! Artists from WEST BENGAL, itâs capital city is Calcutta ( old name) & new name is Kolkata, where Mother Teresa used to live.
Artist Chanchal Mukherjee's world is one of shadows and light, of fantasy and fact, of dreams and ethereal beauty. Many of his paintings focus on delicately drawn faces with large, expressive eyes. Chanchal Mukherjee has exhibited widely in India and is in the collections of the National Gallery of Modern Art and Lalit Kala Akademi in New Delhi, the Karnataka Chitra Kala Parishad and the Birla Academy of Fine Arts in Calcutta. He is also in private collections in the United States and Japan including that of the Glenbara Foundation.
My second artist is Paresh Maity, who is also from West Bengal. Paresh Maity was born in Tarnluk. West Bengal in 1965. He received his Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts from the Government College of Arts and Crafts, Kolkata and his Master's Degree from the College of Art, Delhi. He has participated in a number of group exhibitions in India and at international venues, including the Cleveland International Drawing Biennale (1995). Maity's works can be seen in the collections of the British Museum, the ARKS Gallery in London and the National Gallery of Modem Art in New Delhi. He has received a number of awards, including the award for the best watercolor painting from the Government of Bengal and the All India Fine Arts Society. Presently, Maity lives and works in Delhi. Posting here 6 paintings, which I liked, in my short cut surfing LOL. I hope you will also like this. And below I have given the link, where you can see these paintings in full as well as other brilliant artists from my country! So have a look⦠HAPPY ART SUNDAY TO ALL OF YOU! HUGS.
No comments:
Post a Comment