
This is first time in my life, I am writing a story (COMPLETE fiction) ONLINE. Before starting it, I too want to post a clear-cut notice that this is my own creation & all rights are reserved under copyright act. If any incident of the story or any character name resembles with anyone out here/there/anywhere, then it is mere co-incidence. I donât think now anybody should take any kind of objection by claiming that I am talking about him or her. LOL I donât understand, why people think that they are so important that everybody will talk only about them? Whenever I had talked about anybody, I talked by taking names. If that person did not like that, I delete whole blog and say sorry to the concern person. But if I did not take name means, I am talking in general so I mention that in my blogs too that it is NOT for anyone here still people think that I am talking about them this is weirdâ¦hehehe So I am stressing this again, I AM GOING TO WRITE COMPLETE FICTION HERE⦠It is NEITHER about me NOR any of my friends! OK? Fine.
I have given the title of my story â âKaleidoscopeâ. As it is made by various types but here it is three glass stripes that are of mirrors attached with each other forming a sort of triangle, closed from one side & open from other & if you put some broken bangles pieces inside, you can see very beautiful designs out of those broken pieces. Here too Kaleidoscope is a story of three girls or you can say women, who are mirror for each other & whatever happening in their life are those broken pieces of bangles and you can see the beautiful designs ( of their lives ) out of it through my eyesâ¦â¦
Kaleidoscope
Lying on the bed of this small hotel, I was thinking that as I am new in this city, how would I manage everything here? I did not have enough money to continue staying at this hotel till I find suitable space to live in this city. So should I ask for advance salary from the school on Monday? Will they give me, what will they think about me? Anyways, I have to inform at least Dolly that I have come here finally⦠But in the morning itself Mom told me, Dolly had called her and she told her that I am in Pune. Now I have to get ready to face the Dolly because she may come here anytime to fight with me that I did not inform her about the date & time of my arrival⦠!
When I had come here first time for the interview of a schoolteacher. I was happy that if I got selected, I have two close friends staying here in the same city so I will not be alone here. But I was not aware that I will miss my family so much & all my previous things like previous city, peoples from that cityâ¦. that home, that surroundings, those lanes and those shopsâ¦. Everything has left behind⦠Suddenly I felt emptiness inside my heart & mind. My mind was wandering through the by-lanes of memories of my childhood, college days & working daysâ¦the journey I have traveled mostly alone, which was not so easy! In my family, I have Mom-dad, Granny-Grandpa, my two younger sisters & a brother. Dad alone was working earlier but after his company closed down there was no steady source of income so I wanted to take the responsibility of my dad as being eldest daughter of the house. Fortunately I got this job of primary school teacher. Salary was not much but I thought something is better than nothing & I accepted the offer.
âJanetâ¦. Open the door, where are you?
Someone was calling me so loudly that I came out of those memory lanes.
Oh my God, this must be Dolly ! I opened the door & saw Dolly with Bobby.
âWow, so both of you are hereâ¦thatâs great ! â I laughed.
Dolly was my best friend since our college days & Bobby became Dollyâs friend when Dolly & I parted ways after finishing our college education. We three girls were very close friends and used to share good as well as bad things of our lives with each other. Dolly & Bobby were residing in Pune after their marriages. Dollyâs husband was working for some Mumbai based company and Bobbyâs husband did not have any particular job. Earlier he used to keep shuttling between gulf & India, till his uncle cheated him in his business and took all control over it. Poor guy, he came back from gulf and started doing real estate business. But income was not steady & sufficient so Bobby started working in college nearby. Dolly was very bubbly among them & she was full time mother of a cute baby girl called âAasmaâ * Bobby was little quite & serious type but Dolly used to tease her a lot by calling her granny, due to her serious temperament and then Bobby used to come out of shell for sometime & mingle with us to do anything we asked her to do.
âHey, you did not tell us that you are coming on Saturday. We could have received you at bus stop & by the way so here are you living now? We are going to take your luggage to shift in my houseâ Dolly ordered her affectionately.
Bobby looked at me and smiled because she knows Dolly will not listen any excuse and I will have to go with her to stay at least till I get proper accommodation. So without any arguments, I took my luggage paid the hotel bills and got into the car with Bobby & Dolly.....
*Aasma = Sky.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.
No comments:
Post a Comment