Wednesday, 25 July 2007

Entry for July 26, 2007

( Tourists at Goa Beach learning yoga)

TRAVEL THURSDAY

This may be little weird that I am posting new blog today for “TRAVEL THURSDAY”! Yeah, I had told that I will keep my blogs of last week open for 15 days at least but after almost a week, nobody is interested to read them… few had visited my page but didnot have time to visit blogs… hehehe so I thought, I should not wait more and may be this weekend I will be busy & may not get time to update the blogs so till Friday night, whatever I can post, I will post here.

So today is Thursday & it is TRAVEL day for us. So let’s start our virtual journey…. This time I will take you to the most famous & foreigner’s favorite place GOA. It is not so far from my place but it is separate state. Due to International Film Festivals hosted by it, Goa has become renown in the world!

So first we will see the beautiful locations. By the way the best time to visit Goa is winter! I mean between December & February. Temperature is very pleasant (approximately 20-25 degree Celsius with little humidity as being on sea shore just like Mumbai / Bombay.) here at that time Goa becomes colorful with lots of activities like, Christmas celebrations, Goa Carnival & New Year all one by one!! You will find difficulty to get hotel room during winter season here, so you have to book your room in advance.

FOR HISTORY AND CULTURE OF GOA & FOR MORE INTERESTING INFORMATION VISIT THE LINKS BELOW :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa

http://www.amchegoa.com/history.htm

http://asi.nic.in/asi_monu_whs_churchesofgoa.asp

http://goacentral.com/Goaculture/goanculture.htm

http://www.ecoindia.com/places/goa.html

FOR GOA BOOKINGS : Here Resorts are even more beautiful that anybody can get tempted to stay there.... LOL You can check all by yourself... *wink* http://www.goaresorts.info/goa-hotels-resort-online-reservation/Goa-hotels-resorts-list/Hotel-The-Kenilworth-Beach-Resort-goa.htm

I had found these really interesting pictures posted by some foreigners about their stay in way back 1975-77 etc… God, I had heard about hippy people at Goa & our police patrolling there…now I am watching this & understood why our police were so troubled by these tourists! Hahaha You can check here

http://www.goagil.com/photogallery/Scrapbook/OLD_GOA_2

NOTE : I had visited Goa with hubby ( we were newly married at that time) & my family ( very short visit) once but I don’t even remember the things I had seen ( only remember Dona Paula, because one Hindi movie was made there. LOL But as we did not have any camera at that time, I could not click any photos there, so obviously I want to go there one more time…hehehe. All pictures are taken from Internet. Especially I loved all “Goa Beauty” pictures, which are property of Mr. Sudeep. I found his pictures online and I am really thankful this person, because of him, I could share this beauty with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment