MOTHER'S DAY WITH BABY DEER ? NO...WITH SON DEAR & HUBBY DEAR...!

Today was MOTHER'S DAY..! Frankly speaking, we Indians never celebrate any such days like mother's day, father's day, bird's day, kiss day, ......day &...days.
For us, everyday is for everyone from MOM-DAD to BIRD'S & CAT'S & DOG'S..etc... etc..
Though I agree our urban kids ( youth mostly) have started picking up things from Western culture ( as we always say this..
) but still some veryyyy stubborn so called "Guardians of Indian culture" here, don't allow them to celebrate such days..specially "Valentine's Day"
. Poor kids, they wait whole year to say openly "I LOVE YOU" on this day to their college-mates because, they hope either girl will say " YES " or even if not " YES " then also she will not mind at least and that boy will not have to see the stars in day time ..
! But those guardians ( and even some section of female groups too) say that the boys take the un-due advantage of this day and vulgar activities happen with the girls...
So this one day also can't be celebrated here peacefully.... infact it is banned by people ( not Govt. lol) in some areas.
About other days, very few people know about mother's and father's days...rest others either don't know these two too..or even if they know, nobody celebrate it. Actually this must be the reason that we have many other celebrations / festivals to celebrate here. India has four major religions like Hindu, Muslim, Sikh and Christian...and I am proud to say that we all celebrate each-other's festivals here very enthusiastically..!
So we don't feel sort of anything less about celebrations..!! In India, we have totally different culture than Western countries... We all love each-other so much but we rarely show it off..Believe me, it's not big issue here. You will find 90% hubbies don't even remember specially the birthdays of their wives..... forget about birthdays, they do not even remember their Marriage Anniversaries too ( reason: they don't want to remember the day on which they had done such a great mistake..!
) So you will not find a wife got annoyed that her hubby did not wish her "HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLING..!" Infact if hubby said this without fail, then her reaction will be,
is he fine? or from where did the sun rise today?
.. Let me tell you, even I am not an exception for this..!!!
But my personal opinion is we should show our love and care sometimes at least by saying or doing something for others..which my hubby and son do...
BTW, so this Mother's Day was also celebrated only by high-society peoples ( means rich & famous..lol) and Print media...for their sales-promotion basically..! But I asked my son, a day before Mother's Day, that does he know what is on Sunday? He started thinking... then asked me for a clue..(this is his habit basically..LOL) so I said you are not a good son that means.. ( he got this clue, that it must be related to me anyhow..LOL, He is very clever you know..) and I will not give you any clue this time..
After thinking for few minutes, he said, Sunday, 14th May, yes, it's Mother's Day..! ( I was happy that he knew?!!
) So I said, Good, you knew this..! He said that's not a big deal, Cartoon Network has some Advertisements on it going on since few days..
Oh..I should have known this, he is sitting infront of TV for almost 5-6 hours a day now a days as he is having summer-holidays..! So our Sunday was as usual "NORMAL" Sunday.... There was nothing like any celebrations..!
I do this occasionally, sort of inviting trouble ??...
how? See, I knew, we will not going to celebrate mother's day as usual..but still this 360 had already charged me up ( specially Scott dear..! he over-charged this so-motherly feeling inside me, two three days advance..!) so I just poked hubby & son about Mother's Day..... As usual both said, "what is there so special about this day? Everyday is yours day, just like 24x7..! " Oops....What have I done? I knew, its like throwing a stone at Honey Bee's hive !
Still, keeping the brave face, I asked how? GOD, I wanted to keep cotton-balls in my ears at that time...LOL They started together like this
----
" Your wake-up time is as per your choice, ( since son has holidays, I don't get-up before 9 am..
) you make whatever break-fast you like to have ( we just eat it, without any comments on it..!) then you decide what to do next till lunch time, mostly playing chess online or blogging...till maid finishes her work...then lunch also you prepare as per your menu, which will not take more time to make you stand in kitchen and certainly not more time to eat too....! Then you will have your afternoon nap..( afternoon is just the starting point of nap?
....but it ends at sometimes 7 pm or even 8 pm too..!) As you make ( now-a-days ) Lunch & Dinner together, you just get-up at 7 pm, make tea sometimes or chilled milk-shakes ( summer season ) and put the food in microwave to make it warm again for dinner..
Then you watch TV, obviously you could not sleep early in the night so you again waste your time on 360 ....then sleep next morning always after 2 am....
You are a best example of " India as a biggest democratic country in the world ..!
You are the first and may be last Mom of the world who is so lucky to have such freedom and everyday as your day..!
Buddies, I MUST AGREE WITH THEM THIS TIME...!!!
But I think some of you may not be so lucky like me
, so HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO YOU ....! 
No comments:
Post a Comment