Sunday, 17 September 2006

Entry for September 18, 2006

SO PURE....SO DIVINE.....

 

I am very proud to say that this is our poetry & this is our song… So PURE & so DIVINE… I bet, any girl can be very proud if her boyfriend will say this to her! The way a poet “JAVED AKHTAR” has described a girl…I don’t think any lyricist would have described a girl like this in the world that too in this modern era… This is one of my favorite songs… You can easily say why is this my favorite? I have seen few English songs or videos in which some poets have used “Fxxx” word many times and I feel it very vulgar… and I don’t understand why western people abuse their own mother tongue so badly using such a slang words more frequently and for ALMOST EVERYTHING (Like every fxxxing thing..!!! LOL. Jeeez, I should not learn this type of slang language… I like good English language and I would like to respect it by not using “slang” things … just like I do respect our language & every other languages in the world…!!! ) See the video below….


 



StoryFilm : “1942 – A love story”, though film has this name it has been made in 1990-91… as per name this is a love story before India gets its Freedom! This picture’s shooting has done in the state of Himachal Pradesh, mostly at Chamba valley and Dalhousie area! I am happy to say that we were posted there in 1993-1996… It is very very beautiful place… snow covered mountains and hills and curvy roads and tall pine trees… Oh.. just lovely! The actor in this video is Anil Kapoor, and Actress is Manisha Koirala ( From Nepal—her grandpa was/ is a Prime Minister of Nepal ) She is very natural actress!!! This boy in the film is from rich family and girl is a poor but patriot’s only daughter!


This boy first time saw her in a bus and due to some riot problem the passengers in bus were running here &  there…. In that crowd this boy lost the girl but found a ear-ring of that girl… Now he doesn’t know anything about that girl, besides that he has liked her in first sight… but that girl is absolutely unaware of this boy…! Now that girl went to her home & boy at his .... with that ear-ring…!! Now see, this is how they got up in the morning…!!!!


 


\r\n


 


Meaning of song… ( Please bear with my English... LOL) This boy is describing a girl.... that when he first time saw that girl, how did he feel about that girl... ( in short, how is she...? )


When I saw a girl, I felt like….


Blooming rose, dream of a poet…


Like bright ray, like a deer in the forest, like starry night,


Talk of song, like lightened candle at church (for us a lightened lamp in temple) …


When I saw a girl, I felt like….


Oh… When I saw a girl, I felt like….


When I saw a girl, I felt like….


Like a morning-look, like warmth of winter…


Like a tune of a Veena (a musical instrument), like life of color


Like curvy creeper, like play of waves


Like coming of a cool breeze with fragrance 


When I saw a girl, I felt like….


Oh… When I saw a girl, I felt like….


When I saw a girl, I felt like….


Like a stream of river, like a rope of silk,


Like fairy land…  like fire of sandalwood…


Like (*Sola singaar*) = well dressed with well make-up, like fountain of cheer 


Like slowly slowly getting that NASHA* = “drinking effect”…Oh,


When I saw a girl, I felt like….


 


Note : ---



  • *Sola singaar* = When a girl gets ready with all her ornaments, make-up and gets herself very well dressed it is called having “sola singaar”
  • *Nasha* is a kind of feeling just like you feel after having hard drink… but here we believe it is not necessary to have drink to have that feeling, love can do that magic…LOL

 


MEANING BY LINE BY LINE


Ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga


When I saw a girl, I felt like….


Jaise khilta gulab jaise shayar ka khwab


Blooming rose, dream of a poet…


jaise ujali kiran jaise van me hiran jaise chandni raat jaise


like bright ray, like a deer in the forest, like starry night,


nagmeki baat jaise mandir ho ek jalta diya….ho….


Talk of song, like lightened candle at church ( here a lightened lamp in temple) …


Ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga


When I saw a girl, I felt like….


O… Ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga


Oh… When I saw a girl, I felt like….


Ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga


When I saw a girl, I felt like….


Jaise subah ka roop jaise sardi ki dhoop


Like a morning look, like warmth of winter…


jaise veena ki taan jaise rangonki jaan


like a tune of a Veena (a musical instrument) , like life of color


Jaise balkhay bel jaise lahonronka khel


Like curvy creeper, like game of waves


jaise khushbu liye aaye thand di hawa…ho…….


Like coming of a cool breeze with fragrance 


Ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga


When I saw a girl, I felt like….


O… Ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga


Oh…When I saw a girl, I felt like….


Ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga,


When I saw a girl, I felt like….


jaise nadiya ki dhaar jaise resham ki dor,


like a stream of river, like a rope of silk,


jaise pariyonka raaj jaise sandal ki aag


Like fairy land…,  like fire of sandalwood…


jaise sola singar jaise ras ki puhar


like well dressed with well make-up, like fountain of cheer 


jaise ahista ahista badta nasha…ho….


Like slowly slowly getting that “drinking effect”…Oh,


Ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga


When I saw a girl, I felt like….


 


No comments:

Post a Comment